Based on Government Resolution no 671 of 17 October 2018, the State Printing Works of Securities, state enterprise, was appointed the publisher of a unique identifier in accordance with Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/574 on technical standards for the establishment and operation of a traceability system for tobacco products. In connection to the appointment, the State Printing Works of Securities was given on 9 November 2018 its unique identifier publisher code, making it the first officially appointed publisher of the unique identifier in the European Union.
Digital product identification consists of the application of a digital code to the product packaging in the course of its production. The digital code is unique for the product and contains anti-forgery security measures. The consumer or inspection authority have the ability to use that digital code to track a product’s path through the supply chain (eg place and time of manufacturing, country of destination, transport route, first retailer, etc).
- improve consumer information about product authenticity and origin
- reduce black market sales through improved product identification, production amount monitoring, inspection of product movements throughout the supply chain
In combination with the Track&Trace system, the digital identification guarantees:
- proper origin and quality of products for domestic and foreign customers and consumers;
- increased product protection and additional difficulties for forgers;
- improved inspection of product movement on target markets;
- easier downloading of information about sales of specific products;
- access to publicly available services for product origin and quality verification.
STC continues to provide comprehensive services in the area of securities and non-securities printing production. We monitor current market trends and constantly innovate our existing products and develop new ones. Track&Trace is one of them.