Digital product identification consists of the application of a unique identifier in the form of digital code to the product packaging in the course of its production. The digital code is unique to the product and contains anti-forgery security measures. This identification allows subsequent tracing of the movement of the specific product shipped from the manufacturer to the first retailer (the so-called Track&Trace System).
Digital identification in combination with the Track&Trace system ensures
- the guarantee of the origin and quality of the products for domestic and foreign customers and consumers,
- increased product protection and additional difficulties for forgers,
- improved inspection of product movement in target markets,
- easier downloading of information about sales of specific products,
- access to publicly available services for product origin and quality verification.
The objective is to improve consumer information about product authenticity and origin and minimize the black market space by perfecting the identification of products, monitoring production volumes, and controlling the movement of goods within the entire supplier/buyer chain.
Directive 2014/40/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council – Article 15 (Traceability)
- stipulates that all unit packets of tobacco products are marked with a unique identifier (UID);
- stipulates the data that shall be included in the UID;
- stipulates the data that must be available in electronic format in combination with the UID;
- stipulates other obligations of the member states to ensure access to stored data;
90 let s vámi
Bankovky, doklady, cenné papíry, plastové karty, ostatní ceniny.