In the Czech Republic, in the 21st century, it is still not possible to use mobile identity documents, as is already quite common abroad, for example in Finland, Kosovo, the United Kingdom, the USA or Australia. Mobile documents are on the rise and are becoming common practice in identifying citizens and verifying their eligibility. THE STATE PRINTING WORKS OF SECURITIES offers solutions corresponding to current trends in the field of digitisation of identification documents.
eDokladovka is a mobile application that users could install on their mobile phones or other mobile devices. It would be possible to upload individual identification documents to the eDokladovka app,which are issued to citizens by the state. In the first phase, the identity card is being considered, in the future it will be possible to import additional documents, which are issued/personalised by STC or other entities, into eDokladovka.
It would be possible to add and remove digital documents to and from eDokladovka at any time. It should be emphasised that eDokladovka will not replace physical documents in the form of plastic cards or other formats and materials. Digital documents stored in eDokladovka would be digital twins of such physical personal documents. The documents stored in eDokladovka will be able to be checked (read) by means of a control application designed for control authorities by devices with which the controlling persons are equipped. The control application communicates with the eDokladovka app via a Bluetooth interface and securely checks the integrity and authenticity of the data/document. Document verification will also work when your mobile device is offline. The user, citizen can verify what data they will provide for inspection. The document read from eDokladovka is displayed to the control authority in the control application, which also enables, for example, further online screening of the document in the registers.
Main advantages of the solution:
- clear user-friendliness of the whole solution,
- your personal documents will be stored on your mobile device,
- you have access to the documents from one mobile application,
- significant elimination of the possibility of losing physical documents that you may have stored in the safety of your home while travelling to work or entertainment,
- if you lose your mobile device, you will re-install the eDokladovka app in the new one and activate the individual documents,
- furthermore, the number of misuses of personal documents will be reduced thanks to logging in to these documents using PIN or biometric data,
- the use of mobile documents leads to the saving of time at offices, which will not have to deal with the agenda of loss of personal documents and at the same time will be able to fill in prescribed forms by automatically reading data from the mobile document.
The eDokladovka app could also offer electronic authentication of citizens to the shared services of the state, similar to what can already be done today via an electronic ID card. The means of authentication is thus equivalent to the authentication function of the eOP contact electronic chip. It would therefore be possible to log in to the Citizen Portal using eDokladovka, while the level of authentication will always correspond to the highest level of security of the individual documents stored in eDokladovka. Depending on the mobile device used, it is possible to implement a secure repository with the highest level of security in accordance with the eIDAS Regulation, i.e., high level. This would make eDokladovka an effective key to the Citizen Portal and complement the mosaic of eGovernment projects in the Czech Republic.
The application would be available for virtually all current phones (both Android and iOS). It is primarily a mobile application, but it can also be developed for a standard PC platform. The security of data storage and the method of data exchange between the holder’s application and the verifier’s application is based on the globally recognised, interoperable standard ISO 18013/5. The application has active protection against reverse engineering and also includes protection of users against hacker attacks.
- the application will be available for virtually all current phones (Android and iOS),
- data exchange will first take place by reading the QR code and then by Bluetooth transmission,
- document verification will also work in offline mode,
- users can verify what data they provide for inspection,
- the security of data storage and the method of data exchange between the holder’s application and the verifier’s application is based on the globally recognised, interoperable standard ISO 18013/5,
- the application has active protection against reverse engineering and also includes protection of users against hacker attacks.
The State Printing Works of Securities is ready to finalise the eDokladovka app prototype and participate in its implementation. As soon as the still missing legal legislation for the use of digital documents in the Czech Republic is approved, it is quite realistic to launch it within one year of the assignment.
The State Printing Works of Securities, state enterprise, is a producer of Czech personal documents. The main documents include eOP, passports and driving licences. The production of personal documents accounts for approximately 60% of its production. A mobile application with identification documents is a breakthrough solution, which in the current time of pandemic and digitisation of the state administration is inevitable.
Do you want to see how the mobile app works? Watch our video.
90 YEARS WITH YOU
Banknotes, documents, securities, plastic cards, other security printed materials.